White Chicken Chili
What’s great about the winter time? Slow cooking that’s what. What’s great about slow cooking? Just about everything. The longer your food has time to cook, the more developed the flavors get. Not only that but you can throw everything together in one pot, go about your day and you have a great meal ready later. I know this isn’t anything new because I’m sure 99.9% of you have at least eaten a meal from a slow cooker. I’m planning on getting one of those air fryer/pressure cookers when I get around to it. The future is now and looks amazing!
One of my favorite recipes to make in the slow cooker is chili. I usually make a turkey chili, but was inspired by this chicken chili recipe and was not disappointed. Give it a try and leave a comment if you liked it or tell me what are some of your favorite slow cooked meals.
White Chicken Chili
1lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1 yellow onion diced
2 poblano peppers
4 cloves of garlic minced
24 oz of low sodium chicken broth
2 15oz cans of great Northern beans drained and rinsed
1 15oz can roasted corn kernels drained
2 Roasted red bell pepper from jar
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp cayenne pepper
Small handful of cilantro chopped
6oz reduced fat cream cheese softened
1ea chipotle pepper with adobo sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Corn Tortilla strips
- Place chicken in the slow cooker and season with salt, pepper, cayenne, chili powder, oregano, garlic. Make sure all sides of the chicken are seasoned.
- Add onion, northern beans, poblano peppers, red pepper, corn, chipotle pepper, chicken broth and cilantro.
- Cover and cook in slow cooker on low for 8hrs or high for 3-4hrs.
- When ready pull chicken from cooker and place on plate. Shred with forks then return the chicken to slow cooker and set on high.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted and combined. Cook for additional 15 minutes on high until slightly thickened.
- Taste for seasoning and top with desired garnishes.