Pulmuone Teriyaki Stir-fry Udon with Steak (Review)
This is more of a review than a recipe because I used store pre-made ingredients and what’s wrong with making an easy meal? I used store bought teriyaki udon by Pulmuone which came with 2 portions of udon noodles, vegetables and sauce packets.
If I were to make this dish on my own, I would buy pre-made udon noodles and sauce and maybe add some scallions and edamame peas which is similar to what the Pulmuone package contained. I also seared a 4oz portion of dry-aged sirloin steak to go with it, however you could add any protein or vegetable you like to make this a complete meal. From start to finish the entire cook time was about 30 minutes, most of this was the time it took to sear and rest the steak.
The udon stir-fry only took about 10 minutes to prepare and turned out to be delicious. I garnished the dish with black sesame seeds, togarashi pepper and fried garlic. I give this meal a 4 out of 5 skillets for it’s overall flavor and how quick and easy it was to assemble.
- Pre-heat oven to bake on 425 degrees.
- Cut 8oz Top Sirloin Steak into two 4oz portions. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a pan on med-high heat add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and place steak in pan when oil begins to smoke. Sear steak 2-3 minutes on first side, then sear all sides 30 seconds-1 minute. Place steak in oven for about 5 minutes.
- Pull steak from oven flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Check temperature should feel medium rare or at about 135 degrees.
- Put steak on a plate to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing
For the Teriyaki Udon preparation follow instructions on the bag. Serve in a bowl with sliced steak on top and garnishes of your preference.