If you have some leftover pasta, this is a great way to use it. Although this is something I have seen done before, I always thought it would be fun to try and make. It’s really easy and if seasoned right is very flavorful. It makes a good side dish or for a snack.
1/2 Lb Cooked Spaghetti (Cold)
1 Whole Egg
4 Cloves Chopped Garlic
1/2 Cup Torn Basil
1 Cup Grated Parmesan Reggiano
1 Teaspoon each Salt and Pepper
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to bake on 425 degrees.
- Place a large cast iron skillet or pan on medium heat, add olive oil, garlic and saute until fragrant approximately 5-10 seconds. Toss in basil and continue to cook until slightly crisp, careful not to burn the garlic.
- In a large bowl add cooked cold spaghetti and toss with sauteed garlic and basil mixture. When pasta is cool to the touch, add egg and 3/4 cup of Parmesan. Mix together.
- Place the pan back on the stove medium high heat. Add pasta to the pan pressing down in an even layer. Continue to cook until pasta is slightly beginning to brown, then place in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- When bottom is golden brown, carefully flip the pasta. Or you can use a cutting board or plate over the pan and gently flip, moving the pasta back to the pan uncooked side down. Cook on stove again till starting to crisp, add the remaining Parmesan and place back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes
- Remove from oven and carefully remove from pan and let cool. Cut into wedges and serve as side dish or dip into your favorite pasta or tomato sauce.