Bibimbap is rice topped with a variety of vegetables, beef and served with gochujang (Korean red chili pepper paste). You can choose which vegetables you like, or use store bought mixes for an even easier preparation.
Seared Alaskan Halibut can go with any side dish. I chose Spaghetti with arrabiata sauce because these are ingredients I had with me. A lot of times, this is how I cook, by using what is available to me. Some times it works, sometimes it doesn’t.
I used dry aged sirloin steak for this recipe, but you can use filet or similar lean cut of steak. This came together by using some leftover pasta and some kale I had available. I have seen the pasta crisp made before and thought I would give it a try. It turned out nice but I’ll admit it was nothing mind-blowing. However it was still delicious and made a good side dish.
If you have some leftover pasta, this is a great way to use it. Although this is something I have seen done before, I always thought it would be fun to try and make. It’s really easy and if seasoned right is very flavorful. It makes a good side dish or for a snack.
I often make easy breakfasts like this on the weekend that fill you up, easy to make and taste great. Even though I have a slight allergy to eggs, I still find myself ordering them and making them at home because to me they are the ultimate breakfast ingredient. Well at least next to bacon. This dish is just one of my many variations on a typical breakfast open-face sandwich I enjoy making.
5 Easy Steps for Beginning Meditation
- Sitting Position- Start by making sure you are in a chair or sitting on a cushion on the floor. It is important that you keep your back straight so your breathing is easy. I recommend sitting in a comfortable chair with either your hands open on in your lap so you are not re-positioning during your meditation.
- Use a timer and Keep it Short – When first starting out, it’s easy to lose focus so keep your meditation to 5-10 minutes. This will make it easier to grasp and to stick to a routine.
- Guided videos or Group meditation – When I first started, I found videos online and went to local free group meditations. My recommendation on videos are to find short ones where the narrator has a soothing voice. Group meditations are great because you may find techniques and ways to practice you may not think of or find on your own. Group practice really helped me to understand how to get the most out of meditation.
- Find your Mantra – This took some time for myself to find, but your mantra really helps you to fall into a meditative state. You can start by saying your full name on your breath, say some positive affirmations or things you are grateful for. You do not need to do it throughout the entire time, just enough to clear outside thoughts and just be mindful of the present moment.
- Practice – This is the hardest part. Set aside the time to meditate that works best for you. Whether it’s in the morning, afternoon or before sleep, you want the time to be most beneficial for you. Think of it like exercise or brushing your teeth, it is mental hygiene and you will only notice the difference with practice.
I am excited you are here. This blog started with an idea to share what I enjoy cooking, eating and experiences that make life exhilarating. I Have cooked professionally for years, but went through a career change a while back. Cooking and good food is still a big passion of mine.
This blog is also about activities and thrilling adventures. Being an active person, I believe we live our best lives when we are out finding new experiences, spending time with friends, family and pushing ourselves to our physical limits. It is my goal to inspire you to try some of the activities I enjoy doing and provide tips to get the most out of it.
In life and in cooking there are certain formulas and recipes to follow to get the best results. However you can’t always follow the rules, have to adapt to situations to get the best results. The thing to keep in mind is that you try to get the best out of everything you do. That is what this blog is about in a nut-shell, to try new things and enjoy the journey along the way.