I know I know… Balls am I right? Nothing funnier than offering a family member or friends to try your balls. Who can forget the NPR skit on Saturday Night Live about Schweddy balls? Anyway, I’ll try to spare you some of my child-like humor and tell you about my balls. They are a great snack and if you eat protein bars and stuff like that, it’s a great alternative. I just store them in the fridge or take them with me for a quick snack. People will envy your balls in public as they should. This recipe makes about 15-20 balls depending on size and will typically last for a couple days. You don’t want your balls hanging around more than a week, keep your balls fresh.
1 ½ cp Oats
½ cp vanilla protein powder
1 TBSP Chia Seeds
½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup smooth peanut butter (Natural/Organic just about any nut butter will work)
3 TBSP Honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup chocolate chips cut in half (or try dried fruit cut in small pieces easy to roll into balls)
4 TBSP almond milk (Add more if mix is too dry)
- Add dry ingredients, oats, protein powder, chia seeds, cinnamon, chocolate chips to mixing bowl.
- Add “wet” ingredients, peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract, almond milk.
- Mix together with spoon or dampen your hands with water to keep your hands from getting sticky.
- Use a small scoop or two tablespoons to measure out balls onto a parchment paper or plate (parchment paper works best because these balls are sticky).
5. Using your hands, roll balls to uniform ball shape and store in the fridge in an air tight container.
6. The balls can be eaten immediately for all to enjoy.