I often make easy breakfasts like this on the weekend that fill you up, easy to make and taste great. Even though I have a slight allergy to eggs, I still find myself ordering them and making them at home because to me they are the ultimate breakfast ingredient. Well at least next to bacon. This dish is just one of my many variations on a typical breakfast open-face sandwich I enjoy making.
2 Whole Eggs
2 cups Baby Spinach
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Clove Garlic chopped
1 Teaspoon Red-Pepper Flakes (optional)
1/4 Cup Parmesan Reggiano
2 Slices of Whole Grain Bread
Salt/Pepper to taste
1. Place bread in toaster and toast until finished
2. Use a non-stick pan on med-low heat, add butter, garlic and red-pepper flakes. Saute just until fragrant.
3. Turn heat up to med-high, add Spinach to pan, season with pinch of salt and saute until just wilted. Divide cooked spinach evenly on-top of toasted bread. Grate 2 tablespoons of Parmesan on the spinach while still warm.
4. Place pan back on to medium high heat, add olive oil and eggs. Season with salt, pepper and cook eggs to desired done-ness. I went sunny side up with whites completely cooked through.
5. Put eggs on top of spinach and grate 2 more tablespoons parm on top. Serve immediately while warm.